Summer Intensive Ephemera
Download a copy of our zine for reading. This link is best for a quick glance online.
Download a copy of our zine for printing. This link is best for sustained attention to the material.
- Print the pages back to back, so that page 1 has page 2 on its reverse side, page 3 has page 4 on its reverse side, and so on. Make sure each side is right side up.
- Fold each printed page in half.
- Assemble the zine by putting each folded page into the next, so that the PDF pages 1-2 enclose pages 3-4, then 3-4 encloses 5-6, and so on.
Download the readings selected for the program.
- Karen Barad, Meeting the Universe Halfway: Quantum Physics and the Entanglement of Matter and Meaning, 2007 [ download ]
- Yves-Alain Bois and Rosalind Krauss, Formlessness, 1997 [ download 1 ] [ download 2 ]
- Ted Cohen, "Metaphor and the Cultivation of Intimacy," in Critical Inquiry, 1978 [ download ]
- Jennifer Doyle, Hold It Against Me: Difficulty and Emotion in Contemporary Art, 2013 [ download ]
- Jennifer Doyle and David Getsy, "Queer Formalisms: Jennifer Doyle and David Getsy in Conversation," in Art Journal, 2013 [ link ]
- David Halperin, Saint Foucault: Towards a Gay Hagiography, 1995 [ download ]
- Allan Kaprow, "The Education of the Un-Artist, Part 1," in Essays on the Blurring of Art and Life [ link ]
- José Esteban Muñoz, Cruising Utopis: The Then and There of Queer Futurity, 2009 [ download ]
- Frank O'Hara, "A True Account of Talking to the Sun on Fire Island," 1958 [ link ]
- Gerald Raunig, "Instituent Practices: Fleeing, Instituting, Transforming," 2006 [ download 1 ] [ download 2 ]